Author Topic: Can't deploy speedbrakes  (Read 26566 times)

chris455

• View Profile
Can't deploy speedbrakes
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:26:56 PM »
I did a search and found another user having this problem in the archive section, but the solution posted there (a modified f86 .CAB file) did not solve my problem.
I cannot deploy the speedbrakes using "/", or any other way using the keyboard
"/" is bound in FSX to the speedbrakes.
Speedbrakes function normally if I mouse the throttle switch, but this is awkward and dangerous during flight.
I am using  sp1 upgrade.
All other functions of this aircraft (which sets a new standard for an FSX plane!) work perfectly.
Can anyone point me to a solution?
Very eager to figure this one out-
Chris

Hansi

• View Profile
Re: Can't deploy speedbrakes
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 03:31:34 PM »
Hi Chris,

I did a search and found another user having this problem in the archive section, but the solution posted there (a modified f86 .CAB file) did not solve my problem.
I cannot deploy the speedbrakes using "/", or any other way using the keyboard
"/" is bound in FSX to the speedbrakes.
Speedbrakes function normally if I mouse the throttle switch, but this is awkward and dangerous during flight.
I am using  sp1 upgrade.
All other functions of this aircraft (which sets a new standard for an FSX plane!) work perfectly.
Can anyone point me to a solution?
Very eager to figure this one out-
Chris

can you give me more details about the issue?

1) If you hit '/' while being in chase view, can you see the speedbrakes starting to open, but immediatedly go back to closed position, or do they not move at all?

2) Are you using FSUIPC?

3) Do you have assigned a hardware (joystick) lever to spoiler axis?

Cheers,

Hansi

chris455

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 11:28:10 PM »
Hello Hansi,
Thank you for your help-
Answers below:
1. They do not move at all
2. I don't know what FSUIPC is, but I don't think I have it
3. The spoiler function is bound tothe  "/" key in FSX. I have not bound it to a joystick function.
Hope this helps-

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:40:04 PM »
Hello Chris,

Answers below:
1. They do not move at all
2. I don't know what FSUIPC is, but I don't think I have it
3. The spoiler function is bound tothe  "/" key in FSX. I have not bound it to a joystick function.
Hope this helps-

ok. Hm, at the moment I cannot think of a reason, why it don't works on your Sabre, but I'll look into this.

Just to be sure that this is not the reason: You know, that the speedbrake button on the throttle stick must be in position HOLD (NEUTRAL) before you can operate the speedbrakes with the "/"-key? The throttle button is overriding the emergency system (which is the "/"-key).

I'll do more investigation...

Hansi

chris455

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
"Just to be sure that this is not the reason: You know, that the speedbrake button on the throttle stick must be in position HOLD (NEUTRAL) before you can operate the speedbrakes with the "/"-key? The throttle button is overriding the emergency system (which is the "/"-key)."

Thank you, I will give this a try when I get home from work.

chris455

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
"Just to be sure that this is not the reason: You know, that the speedbrake button on the throttle stick must be in position HOLD (NEUTRAL) before you can operate the speedbrakes with the "/"-key? The throttle button is overriding the emergency system (which is the "/"-key)."

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem  :'(

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »
Hello Chris!

Can you operate the speedbrakes by using the emergency lever in the VC (located on the left side behind the throttle stick)? By default, that lever is in down position (pointing aft). To open the speedbrakes, you must move it forward to position CLOSE and then back to aft position. Is that working?

Cheers,

Hansi

chris455

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 10:40:56 PM »
Hello Chris!

Can you operate the speedbrakes by using the emergency lever in the VC (located on the left side behind the throttle stick)? By default, that lever is in down position (pointing aft). To open the speedbrakes, you must move it forward to position CLOSE and then back to aft position. Is that working?

Cheers,

Hansi

Yes Hansi, the lever is working.

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 03:11:17 PM »

Ah, good! That brings us a little step forward, because basically, the "/" command and the emergency lever are triggering the same panel event.

Now try this: Hit "/", and then "/" again. The speedbrakes should deploy now. If not, there could be a wrong event assigned to the "/"-key. If hitting "/" twice does not work, please check in the FS settings menu, which command is currently assigned to the "/"-key.

Cheers,

Hansi

chris455

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »

Ah, good! That brings us a little step forward, because basically, the "/" command and the emergency lever are triggering the same panel event.

Now try this: Hit "/", and then "/" again. The speedbrakes should deploy now. If not, there could be a wrong event assigned to the "/"-key. If hitting "/" twice does not work, please check in the FS settings menu, which command is currently assigned to the "/"-key.

Cheers,

Hansi

Hansi,
I may have initially misunderstood you. What I meant when I said that the lever was working, was that I could actuate the speedbrakes by using my mouse to move the lever.
The "/" doesn't do anything. It does not open/ close the speedbrakes or move the emergency lever back and forth. I know the "/" key is correctly bound in FSX because it correctly actuates the wing spoilers in the FSX default Learjet.
Does this help?

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 02:19:17 PM »
Hi Chris,

sorry for this late answer. My old monitor said "goodbye" and I couldn't go online for some days. But now I have a new TFT  :)

I'll check the spoilers on the Learjet. Strange, that the emergency lever is working, but not the "/". We'll have to check the actual spoiler position on your F-86. Perhaps, they never are completely closed and then hitting "/" always tries to close them instead of opening. Can you send me a private message with your email address, so that I can provide you with debugging gauges?

Cheers,

Hansi

chris455

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 06:09:30 PM »
PM sent.
Thank you Hansi.

sun444

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 01:01:55 PM »
Has anyone solved this problem? I can't get the speedbrake to work with keyboard or joystick, I have to use the lever in the virtual cockpit.
If someone could help, please.

Thank You
sun444

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »
Hi,

Has anyone solved this problem? I can't get the speedbrake to work with keyboard or joystick, I have to use the lever in the virtual cockpit.
If someone could help, please.

please send me a PM with your email address and I'll provide you with a special set of gauges which will help to find out what exactly happens if the speedbrakes are operated on your Sabre.

Cheers,

Hansi

sun444

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 04:46:06 PM »
Thank You so much Hansi for solving this problem in no time. Now this F-86 is just perfect.

Forgive me for getting carried away but the F-86 truly is a masterpiece. All my other payware jets from aerosoft, IRIS, Flylogic and so on have to stand in line. No other jet comes even close to this bumble bee.

Again thank you for your support, you made me happy.

Greetings
Hans-Jörg