Author Topic: Can't deploy speedbrakes  (Read 26567 times)

lowery

• View Profile
Re: Can't deploy speedbrakes
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 11:29:50 PM »
Hi All,
I had two thousand hours on the F-86E, the Aussy Avon Sabre; that differred only with a RR Avon Engine of 8500 lbs thrust, twin 30mm Aden cannons, and 2 x AIM9C sidewinders. These modifications mandated many structural mods including the expansion of the intake, the jet pipe, and, of course, the hard wing which contained extra fuel.
The speedbrakes, from a pilots point of view were either IN or OUT. There was no option for selective deployment. Hey guys, this was an early jet fighter: in fact the last of the great day-combat fighters! There was no redudancy, failure of a major system was often an ejection situation. There was no digital input to this aircraft whatsoever but, despite that,the gunsight and gunsight radar system have never, in my opinion (having flown combat aircrafr such as the Mirage III and F-A18 Hornet) been bettered'

However, I fly your great model in FSX and while I can get speed brakes to work with the "," command, Aileron deflection also triggers speed brake operation.  I have checked all axis and switch assignments but there are no annomolies. Somewhere in the MDL file of your aircraft is an incorrect assignment that is causing this problem and it is being displayed in different ways to different users.

I love the aircraft, I flew it for 2000 hrs, including 3 years in a formation aerobatic team.

If you can solve the speed brake issue, I would be very grateful!

Cheers

lowery

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »
Hi all,

I have solved the speedbrake issue to my satisfaction by editing the [airplane_geometry] section in the Aircraft.cfg as follows:

spoiler_limit = 50
aileron_to_spoileron_gain = 0 //1
spoiler_handle_available = 1
min_ailerons_for_spoilerons = 0 //9
min_flaps_for_spoilerons = 0.000
spoilerons_available = 0 //1
auto_spoiler_available=0
spoiler_extension_time=1.000000

In FSX I could get the S/B to operate with the "/" key but they also operated when full aileron was applied.
Now they operate with the "/" or the S/B switch in the cockpit or the throttle quadrant lever, but not with the ailerons! However, for the "/" key to operate, the S/B switch on the throttle must be set to the neutral (central) position.

Cheers, Roger

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »
Hi Roger,

I have solved the speedbrake issue to my satisfaction by editing the [airplane_geometry] section in the Aircraft.cfg as follows:

spoiler_limit = 50
aileron_to_spoileron_gain = 0 //1
spoiler_handle_available = 1
min_ailerons_for_spoilerons = 0 //9
min_flaps_for_spoilerons = 0.000
spoilerons_available = 0 //1
auto_spoiler_available=0
spoiler_extension_time=1.000000

In FSX I could get the S/B to operate with the "/" key but they also operated when full aileron was applied.
Now they operate with the "/" or the S/B switch in the cockpit or the throttle quadrant lever, but not with the ailerons! However, for the "/" key to operate, the S/B switch on the throttle must be set to the neutral (central) position.

I don't understand why your AIRCRAFT.CFG had those wrong settings. The AIRCRAFT.CFG I'm using already has the same settings than your edited version (except for the extension time).
Perhaps you got a corrupted file  ???

Cheers,

Hansi