Author Topic: Guns/CG/Speed brakes  (Read 4472 times)

nickv

• View Profile
Guns/CG/Speed brakes
« on: February 18, 2010, 05:16:47 PM »
I followed the instructions for operating the guns but they don't work.

What is the target CG value for this airplane?

The speed brake switch in the cockpit toes to the out position but not the in position. I can stow the speed brakes only with my controller.

Jan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Guns/CG/Speed brakes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 12:53:26 PM »
Nick, if you search for guns and speedbrakes in the old forums you will probabely find an answer to your questions. You can find the old forums here : http://sectionf8.com/f8forum/

A topic about the speedbrakes is here on the new forum too :

http://sectionf8.com/f8forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=280

If you fail to find an answer please state which FS version and OS you are using.

Cheers,
Jan

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »
Hello Nick!

I followed the instructions for operating the guns but they don't work.

What is the target CG value for this airplane?

The speed brake switch in the cockpit toes to the out position but not the in position. I can stow the speed brakes only with my controller.

1) Do you miss the gun sound or the visual effect (tracer bullets) or both? Are you using hardware pedals?

2) The speedbrake switch can be operated with the mouse-wheel, but only if you don't have a joystick axis assigned to the spoiler position. In that case, the joystick may "overrule" the speedbrake button if the hardware lever has been left in the OUT position. It should be placed in the deadzone if the speedbrakes are to be operated with the button on the throttle stick.

Cheers,

Hansi

nickv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:30:16 AM »
The speed brakes are a minor issue since I have a contoller button to operate them.

With the guns I get no sound or visual effect. I installed the aircraft in FS9. I also have FSX but have not installed the aircraft because I thought it was for FS9 only and that a later version for FSX was in process. My operating system is Vista, 32 bit.

Here is my understanding of the requirements to operate the guns:
1) The joystick trigger should be programmed to the brake apply/release button. The keyboard command for this is the "." (period).
2) The ammuntion should be loaded. I never actually went through this because I never fired the guns and the aircraft status page shows 1800 rounds loaded.
3) The armament switch must be in the on position.

I know my joystick trigger works because it functions when I program it to other commands. In addition, I tried hitting the "." key and the guns still do not work.