Author Topic: Sabre Conversion to FSX  (Read 6316 times)

danlu

• View Profile
Sabre Conversion to FSX
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:01:23 AM »
Dear Sabre-Pro's...

I try since weeks to install the Sabre into FSX, with SP 1 and the FSX patch. No success. My best result was a Sabre without gear, pilot and canopy-glass. Not really convincing. Is there anybody to give me a clear advice how to install this wonderful masterpiece into my FSX folder?

Hugs in advance!

Daniel Ludwig, Zurich, Switzerland

keatles

• View Profile
Re: Sabre Conversion to FSX
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 02:06:48 AM »
Hi Daniel

Confirm you downloaded the file from http://fsfiles.org/PA/index.php?act=view&id=38

I found the 'readme.txt' file difficult to read, so I have reformatted it and sent a copy to you. It is very important to follow the instructions VERY carefully - if you do it correctly, you should have no problems at all. :)

Cheers
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a poor memory.

danlu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 08:25:03 PM »
ThanX a lot. This was my problem....the readme text lokked as myterious as a LHC Large Hadron Collider Operational Manual of the CERN in Geneva....

Cheers

Daniel

keatles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 01:34:50 AM »
If anyone wants to see the re-formatted readme.txt from the FSX port-over file "sf8f-86sxup.zip", you can read it at:

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUBTvphPm1CaZGRqdzd3cG1fMGN4aHNnc2Nw&hl=en

Hope this helps those who are having trouble installing this great model in FSX.  ;D
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a poor memory.

danlu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 01:20:23 AM »
Dear Alan (Keatles...)

Thanx a lot for your help! It really worked, I just miss the dark exhaust smoke....But maybe there is somebody in the community to create one for the F86 in FSX? I really recoomand to all willing to transfer this absolute masterpiece from FS9 into FSX to follow EXACTLY the recommdations of Keatles in the file published above. It works. And the result on my system was perect. No loss of any kind, even the frames were stable. Flying Switzerland Pro Scenery and strolling through the Alps with the Sabre is absolutely tremendous. Dear SectionF8-guys: your Freeware Sabre remains on the absolute top of all FS-creations the last years. Kiss your hands.

Cheers

Daniel

sun444

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »
Did You read the preceeding topic about smoke effect?
Just enable it in your config file, it really looks nice and realistic.

Regards
sun444