Author Topic: ANOTHER SPEEDBREAK ISSUE  (Read 3092 times)

Skyblazer#1

• View Profile
ANOTHER SPEEDBREAK ISSUE
« on: April 26, 2010, 04:43:37 AM »
I hate to make another post about speedbreaks, but I think this might be a separate issue.  Sometimes, very rarely, the speedbreaks on the F-86 will have to deploy fully before being allowed to retract.  Usually, I can tap them in and out, but sometimes they will not come in until they deploy fully.

Speedbreaks are operated on a button (not slider), on the throttle the speed break switch is in the neutral position, and I can see the emergency lever move when I push the spoiler button on my joystick, hydraulic pressure is in the green, and the speed of the breaks seems normal.  I also can not produce this on a regular basis.  It happens perhaps once every 50 flights.  I thought that it was associated with SLEW MODE, but I'm not sure about that anymore.  It might have to do with spawning behind someone in a multiplayer session. 

I now always check my speed breaks for functionality before I taxi.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris 

Hansi

• View Profile
Re: ANOTHER SPEEDBREAK ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 01:17:35 PM »
Chris,

Speedbreaks are operated on a button (not slider), on the throttle the speed break switch is in the neutral position, and I can see the emergency lever move when I push the spoiler button on my joystick, hydraulic pressure is in the green, and the speed of the breaks seems normal.  I also can not produce this on a regular basis.  It happens perhaps once every 50 flights.  I thought that it was associated with SLEW MODE, but I'm not sure about that anymore.  It might have to do with spawning behind someone in a multiplayer session. 

not sure if this is a (F-86) malfunction. When operating the emergency lever (and this is what you actually are doing when having a jostick button assigned to SPOILERS_TOGGLE, or when hitting '/'), it depends on the current spoiler position, in which direction the speedbrakes are moving, ie. the internal spoiler position may be 99% (almost fully out), but SPOILERS_TOGGLE would open them 100%, so that a second SPOILERS_TOGGLE is needed to make them start closing.

Another thing is, that the gauges cannot set the exact spoiler position (due to an internal FS problem), it is possible, that instead of 100% only 99.x% are set. Do you have the Sabre gauge update SP1 installed? If not, doing this may improve things a bit.

However, if you experience a wrong lever position, ie. emergency lever moves reversed when pushing the joystick button (lever moves to CLOSE but speedbrakes open or vice versa), that would be a gauge problem...let me know.

Cheers,

Hansi