Author Topic: New member - amazed!  (Read 3765 times)

asolyom

• View Profile
New member - amazed!
« on: May 21, 2010, 01:30:54 AM »
Hello,

First of all I wish to congratulate the whole team who produced this magnificent Flight Simulator add-on! I have recently found your site, and though I was not a warbird fan in FS, this plane has forced me to change my mind. Years ago when was building plastic models the Sabre was my first kit, and I love this plane ever since. I am more than happy that I can fly this wonderful plane on my computer. :-) So many thanks again to all members of development team. Keep up good work!  :)

One issue that still bothers me, am I correct assuming that the Sabre uses only two flaps setting, full up and full down?

Best regards from Hungary  :)

Andras

Hansi

• View Profile
Re: New member - amazed!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 03:05:41 PM »
Hello Andras, welcome!

First of all I wish to congratulate the whole team who produced this magnificent Flight Simulator add-on! I have recently found your site, and though I was not a warbird fan in FS, this plane has forced me to change my mind. Years ago when was building plastic models the Sabre was my first kit, and I love this plane ever since. I am more than happy that I can fly this wonderful plane on my computer. :-) So many thanks again to all members of development team. Keep up good work!  :)

One issue that still bothers me, am I correct assuming that the Sabre uses only two flaps setting, full up and full down?

Thanks for your nice words!!  :) :)

The flaps can be stopped at any intermediate position by moving the flaps lever back to HOLD position. Here in FS, not every intermediate position is possible, but the flaps may be stopped in 5 degree steps (40 degrees = fully down). When remembering correctly what the checklist says, you are right: For take-off and landing, in both cases, full flaps are commanded. But for approach, you of course can use other positions to reach the desired rate of descent.

Cheers, and Happy Flying!

Hansi

asolyom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 03:29:45 AM »
Hello Hans,

Thanks for the comment. I think you can configure the flaps so that it works until you push the button on your joy. This worked for me on Yak-40, but I will test it on the Sabre. This way you can use any intermediate flap position.

Andras

chuckenomics

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »
WOW. 1st, I have been using FSX, and FS9 since they were both released, FS9 more, just because I think FSX just isnt as good, personal opinion. So I am very familiar with both sims. 2nd, I dont know why i had not downloaded the section F8 F-86 until this week. And after doing so, and not wanting to wait to be approved to join this forum, I went to Facebook, and found your page. I could not wait to say how amazing this aircraft is. I am a fairly new real world private pilot. My jaw has been on the floor all week after flying this Saber. And I mean "flying." I would slap my self for using the word PRETEND. As realistic, and detailed, IN EVERY WAY...I cant say enough about this whole download. Ok, my 1st flight, I checked it out. After I saw how much your team put into this, all of that ended right there. I spent half the morning today, sitting in the cockpit, and READING the checklists, and flight manual. I almost burst after starting it, ALL BY MYSELF!! LOL..No auto-start. Im glad the pause button is close, but ....WOW...I dont know what else to say. I DID read how you asked how much you think this simulator is worth, and I can only say...THANK YOU. I am stingy about what I pay for, but I feel like I am stealing this. I can not begin to imagine the effort and time that went into this project. I wish I had found it sooner. I had always seen it on Simviation, where I find most of my AC downloads. Now I am asking why arent there more out there like this. THIS is a simulator, in every sense. It has changed my whole outlook on FS9, and I cant fly anything else. LITERALLY. I am blabbering, I know, but I needed to say something. WOW does not cut it. I tried to convey all of this on your facebook page. This is an incredible aircraft sim. Thank You.
Press On!