Author Topic: Section F8 Installer  (Read 10995 times)

cviper107

• View Profile
Section F8 Installer
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:21:55 AM »
Hello I made up A installer for the f-86 witch makes it a lot easyer to install for FS9 & FSX if you would like to try it here is the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TUP1ZY5Z

I hope this makes it alot easyer to install the F-86 Thanks

Jan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Section F8 Installer
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
Hi there cviper,

Thanks very much for the work you did on this new 'easy one click' F-86 installer. I have checked out both the FS9 and FSX installer and found them both to work perfectly. Great job !  8)

However.....  there's atleast one important thing with the FSX installer which you forgat about. It concerns the flame and smoke effects which work fine in FS9 but will cause severe drop of fps in FSX. It would be just a matter of ruling these few effects out in the aircraft.cfg's [lights] department.

I also noticed that there are two files missing in the FS9/FSX/Sound/SF8_F86 folder of your installer. 'Beep.wav' and 'oxy_mask.wav'.

I have put together an 'easy' FSX install zip file myself ( not officially released yet ) which you might want to download. You could then get those two missing sound files and add them to your installer ( both for FS9 and FSX) and check out the aircraft.cfg's [lights] to see which effects files need to be ruled out to get the best possible performance in FSX.

Download the file here : http://sectionf8.com/f86files/sf86fsx_fixup.zip

Furthermore on your new installer : the 'texture' folder that comes with the FSX installer is superfluous, that's only needed for the FS9 installer ( all these files are already in the FSX 'texture.shared' folder of the Sabre model ). Secondly there's a superfluous 'SimObjects' folder in the FS9 installer..... Obviously that's not needed there..  ;D

Otherwise all fine !

Please let us know if you are willing to adapt your F-86 installer according to the above comments, Ok ?

Thanks much again for your work !

Cheers,
Jan
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:39:03 PM by Jan »

jernie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
How do I open my Sectionf8 Installer I downloaded from Megaupload?
After completing the download I got the 'Windows cannot open this file without knowing what program created it!' message. I assumed that it was a 'Zipped' file! Now the file is locked in the 'Win-Zip folder', and I cannot retrieve it.
Afterwards I noticed the file is '.RAR' file. I am not familiar with that.....please explain.
I appologise for the confusion.....I am not a computer expert.

Regards

Jernie

taz

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
Jernie,

You will need to download and install the version that's right for your computer from the link below in order to uncompress the files.

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

jernie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 11:06:42 AM »
 ??? This is too complicated for me! I'm not a computer expert.....I know enough to get by, with a little help. Airplanes I am familiar with, having been in aviation most of my life, but my knowledge of computer jargon and procedures is very limited! I can install from a CD/DVD because it is usually automatic and straightforward and I can follow the instructions to its ultimate conclusion! The end result is what I am interested in.....not the trip there.

You have spent countless hours developing and programing an outstanding product.....I know because I had your FS9 version before switching to FSX, and was looking forward to the FSX version. But, if I can't install the program because I can't figure out how to get there, all of your time and efforts have been for nothing!     Regards..............jernie.

jernie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »
 :)  :)  :) cviper107

Yesterday I discovered your 'New Section F8 F-86
Sabre Installer'.  Download and install went smoothly and quickly with very little effort on my part.....the files were easy to locate and use.....a definite plus for someone with my limited knowledge of computers. The airplane documents were complete, concise and very readable; everything is there to help me to safely and efficiently fly the airplane.....just as I would expect with a real-world F-86. The airplane is a joy to fly, altho I will admit to using the 'non-standard autopilot' quite a bit, until I get the 'feel' of the airplane.?

I am amazed at the amount of 'workable' functions and data, 'click spots' etc., in the cockpit area without mutual interference. The 'engine start-up' works great.  The displayed data is accurate.

I am now enjoying the 'Fruits of Your Labor'. Many thanks for the opportunity! 

cviper107

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »
Thank for your comment I really wanted to know if it work Thanks  ;D

jernie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 08:00:35 PM »
   ;D ;D

cviper107   :)  :)

sectionf8 F-86E/F is like a good book.....it is hard to put it down! I honestly, have not gotten so much pleasure/fun from any Sim that I have/had.....and, I have tried and discarded many over the years! None have measured up to the quality and performance of this one. The realism and accuracy is unbelievable.....A couple of days ago I absent-mindedly put the L/G down above the max gear ops. speed.....sure enough, it jammed half-way down. I sure like this airplane.....thanks for letting me fly it!

I do have one minor gripe?.....Is there any thing can be done to control 'Throttle Creep'? No matter how carefully I set the power the RPM is likely to move up-or-down, and It is not practical to stare at it, especially, in the traffic pattern or on an instrument approach. This is not a 'normal' condition..... In the real world, the Power/RPM is governor controlled, and should stay where you set it.    Regards,   jernie