Author Topic: Separate models for the FSX release?  (Read 3790 times)

Skyblazer#1

• View Profile
Separate models for the FSX release?
« on: June 08, 2010, 02:41:03 PM »
Section F8 team,

Do you think it is possible to have two separate models for the FSX release of the aircraft?  It would be nice to have a model that was clean by default, and one that had tanks by default.  This way pilots flying in multiplayer could see people in the SectionF8 bird properly (assuming they communicated what aircraft they would fly before hand).  I almost always fly with tanks on, so this isn't such a big deal for me, but I imagine that others might enjoy seeing clean sabres in multiplyer.  As the aircraft works now, you must be in a SF8 Sabre and punch off your tanks in order to see everyone else's aircraft clean.  This is fine if everyone is flying the SF8 Sabre and they decide to drop tanks, but there is no way to make this work when flying dis-similar aircraft.  It would also be a nice feature for those who wanted to make movies of the SF8 Sabre in a clean configuration using FS Recorder.  Of course, I would assume that the aircraft with tanks could still drop theirs and it would work exactly as the current version does. 

This is just an idea that I had floating around, I understand if it is not practical or desirable to try and implement such a thing.

Thanks again for all of the great work,

Chris Eells

keatles

• View Profile
Re: Separate models for the FSX release?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 05:05:54 AM »
Good points, Chris.

I have also noticed in multiplayer formation sessions that when I select speedbrake on my F-86, I see the speedbrake deploy on the other SF8 aircraft in the formation.

With regard to the speedbrake control: it would be nice to control the speedbrake with (for e.g.) the slider control on the X52, giving the ability to deploy say 30% speedbrake and then retract without having only an all-or-nothing button/switch. (in other words, the ability to assign an axis to the speedbrake control). I am sure this is possible, as most other default aircraft have this ability. I know it was/is possible in the original aircraft.

These are part of my wish-list for the FSX version. I hope Jan, Hansi and the team are able to do it.

Alan
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a poor memory.