Author Topic: Exhaust engine smoke  (Read 18869 times)

hotas

• View Profile
Exhaust engine smoke
« on: July 12, 2010, 10:51:05 AM »
First of all, thank you for this marvellous aircraft. You realy did a magnificant job. Outstanding flight characteristics,
and very authentic cockpit. Very nice.Superb!!
The problem i am faced with is the exhaust engine smoke. As i could find this topic in this forum i removed the slashes before the light lines 9, 10 and 11.But still no smoke.
Also the display smoke isn't working, neither with the I-key nor witch the switch in the VC.
As far as i know in FSX we can not have both (engine smoke en display smoke) together.
I have a very recent hardware so the loss in FPS should be a minor problem.
Maybe somebody can post a copy of the cfg.file with working exhaust smoke?? This would add a lot more realism.As i see the smoke in the review it must be possible to create this effect.
Another minor problem: is there a switch in the cockpit to put on the panel light?
Thanks for answering my questions and keep up the good work.
Regards
Hotas

Hansi

• View Profile
Re: Exhaust engine smoke
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:10:42 PM »
Hello Hotas,

First of all, thank you for this marvellous aircraft. You realy did a magnificant job. Outstanding flight characteristics,
and very authentic cockpit. Very nice.Superb!!
The problem i am faced with is the exhaust engine smoke. As i could find this topic in this forum i removed the slashes before the light lines 9, 10 and 11.But still no smoke.
Also the display smoke isn't working, neither with the I-key nor witch the switch in the VC.
As far as i know in FSX we can not have both (engine smoke en display smoke) together.
I have a very recent hardware so the loss in FPS should be a minor problem.
Maybe somebody can post a copy of the cfg.file with working exhaust smoke?? This would add a lot more realism.As i see the smoke in the review it must be possible to create this effect.
Another minor problem: is there a switch in the cockpit to put on the panel light?

do you see any other effects apart from the exhaust smoke, ie. gun fire: Can you see the tracer bullets when firing the guns? If not, you perhaps do not have the needed effect files installed in the FSX "Effects" directory.

Yes, there is a panel lights switch (a black round knob) located on the right side console behind the radios (it may be a bit difficult to spot in the VC, but on the 2D panel you can find it on the Compass control popup panel).

Cheers,

Hansi

hotas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:45:25 PM »
He Hansi, thanks for the quick reply.
Regarding the tracer bullets: i can hear the firing but i don't see anything.
So it seems this also doesn't work.
Is it possible to pass me the effect files needed, so i can put them in the effect folder?
Maybe something went wrong with the installer.
Regarding the panel light, i will check this out.
So if possible to provide me the correct effect files, that would be great.
Or maybe another link with a different installer?
Thanks in advance
Hotas

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 02:37:13 PM »
Regarding the tracer bullets: i can hear the firing but i don't see anything.

Ah, ok. Perhaps you forgot to install the effect files. I've sent you a PM, so that we can exchange e-mail addresses.

Cheers,

Hansi

tom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 02:43:35 AM »
Hi guys - love this sabre - the Temora Museum here in Oz has just restored A94-983 to full flying condition, and I was lucky to be at its public debut in September 09.

I just love this FSX model, and one of the OZx guys has done the "tophat" repaint for it. It's great.

I do also however have this same problem with no smoke effects visible.  I have checked and re-checked the installation - all seems in order - I have removed the "//" from the aircraft.cfg ... all to no effect.

I noticed somewhere that there was a batch file that removed some of the effects from the FS9 version for porting over to FSX. I downloaded the model from a link on the orbx forum, so maybe it was a link with the effects already removed.

Would it be also possible for me to get a copy of the relevant effects files from somewhere, somehow ?

Cheers, and congrats on a top model ..... tom.
Cheers,  Tom

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 03:47:54 PM »

Would it be also possible for me to get a copy of the relevant effects files from somewhere, somehow ?

No problem, Tom. Just send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'm sending you the missing files.

Cheers,

Hansi

tom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 02:39:33 AM »
Thanks Hansi .... but Alan (keatles) is in the process of sorting me out. If I have any further problems, I will let you know.

Congrats for a great model - she is an endless delight.

Cheers
Cheers,  Tom

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »
Thanks Hansi .... but Alan (keatles) is in the process of sorting me out. If I have any further problems, I will let you know.

Ok. Hey keatles, many thanks for stepping in!  :)