Author Topic: Aileron trim problem  (Read 5636 times)

lowery

• View Profile
Aileron trim problem
« on: July 22, 2010, 08:58:16 PM »
Hi all.

I'm using this F-86 in both FS2004 and FSX.
In both sims, aileron trim operates in the reverse sense. I use a set of CH controllers with trims assigned to a four-way hat switch. With all other aircraft in both sims, the hat switch operates the trims in the correct sense.
I tried the aileron trim switch in the virtual cockpit but that exhibits the same reverse sense.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers, Roger

Hansi

• View Profile
Re: Aileron trim problem
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 03:50:14 PM »
Hi all.

I'm using this F-86 in both FS2004 and FSX.
In both sims, aileron trim operates in the reverse sense. I use a set of CH controllers with trims assigned to a four-way hat switch. With all other aircraft in both sims, the hat switch operates the trims in the correct sense.
I tried the aileron trim switch in the virtual cockpit but that exhibits the same reverse sense.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers, Roger

Hm, I'll have to check first. Can you confirm that the aileron trim switch on the throttle console panel is working ok, or is it reversed, too?

Hansi

blue_six

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
Just a quick note to confirm that I see the same minor issue as reported by lowery.  Aileron trim is reversed both on the stick/keyboard and on the side console in the VC.  It's but a few seconds work to reprogramme the top hat switch on my stick to compensate for this, but I thought you might like to know, for future releases.

blue six

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »

Just a quick note to confirm that I see the same minor issue as reported by lowery.  Aileron trim is reversed both on the stick/keyboard and on the side console in the VC.  It's but a few seconds work to reprogramme the top hat switch on my stick to compensate for this, but I thought you might like to know, for future releases.

Thanks for noticing, guys! I'm not an expert for the flight model, but instead of re-programming the hat switch it may be possible to fix that permanently in the AIRCRAFT.CFG.

Cheers,

Hansi

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 05:59:36 PM »
Hi guys,

you can reverse the aileron trim by changing that setting in the AIRCRAFT.CFG:

aileron_trim_effectiveness=-1.000

Setting it to -1 corrects the trim direction. I did a short test flight and it seems that other systems are not affected, especially the autopilot still turns to the correct side  :)

Cheers,
Hansi

blue_six

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 09:08:06 PM »
Thanks Hansi.

blue six