Author Topic: Virtual cockpit problems  (Read 6661 times)

flyingtiger

• View Profile
Virtual cockpit problems
« on: September 10, 2010, 08:04:51 PM »
Good evening everyone.
I finally managed to get the the aircraft loaded into FSX and everything seems to work. However my virtual cockpit will not load properly. All of the panels are black with nothing on the them except the very basic flight instruments and all of the controls that should be available to me through the mouse are non existent except for those on the throttle quadrant (i.e. the speed brake lever). Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated and as a blank cockpit and limited controls become very frustrating after a few minutes of flight. Thank you in advance.
flyingtiger.   

Mitchell

• View Profile
Re: Virtual cockpit problems
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:03:57 PM »
Good evening everyone.
I finally managed to get the the aircraft loaded into FSX and everything seems to work. However my virtual cockpit will not load properly. All of the panels are black with nothing on the them except the very basic flight instruments and all of the controls that should be available to me through the mouse are non existent except for those on the throttle quadrant (i.e. the speed brake lever). Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated and as a blank cockpit and limited controls become very frustrating after a few minutes of flight. Thank you in advance.
flyingtiger.   

flyingtiger,

Exactly the same thing happened to me -- lots of empty instrument holes and no full function.  What gives? I followed every step of the installation and even repeated it a few times, always with the same result.

The Section 8 team has done such a wonderful job creating this airplane and is so very generous to offer it for free that I hesitate to criticize them; however, they really dropped the ball on the FSX installation. If the average guy can’t load it, or it is so buggy that even when properly done, there are still major issues, as you and I have found, then what good is it that is a great airplane?

Is there no one on this talented team who can create a simple executable installer? Other freeware developers seem to be able to do it. 

If there is anyone out there who may know what flyingtiger and I need to do to get this bird running right, please post.

Mitchell

• View Profile
Re: Virtual cockpit problems
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »
To flyingtiger and all those having similar problems installing the F-86 in FSX:

I seem to have solved my problem and perhaps yours as well. I installed the F-86 Service Pack 1 (just copy the un-zipped file into “airplanes”) and all was then fine. The service pack contains vital files (gauges, etc.) that causes the anomalies that you and I had if they are not installed. I now have a full instrument panel and speed control operation with either a keyboard stroke, or a button on my yoke.

Thank you Section 8 for this wonderful airplane. It’s one of the very best out there at any price.  Suggestion: perhaps, in your installation notes, you should emphasize the necessity of installing Service Pack 1. As it reads now, I didn’t think I had to do it since I was installing the airplane in FSX.

Mitchell