Author Topic: Black Cockpit  (Read 4232 times)

blkbart

• View Profile
Black Cockpit
« on: February 26, 2011, 07:08:46 PM »
After a layoff of a few years, I recently got back into flying simulations and discovered the Section 8 F-86.  When I figure out to install it properly, it should be a lot of fun.  In the meantime, I have come up short on getting the VC cockpit to display properly.  I can see outside and can also see the flight instruments, stick, throttle quadrant, and communication and navigation radios.  The rest of the panel and the canopy frame are dead black rendering the display pretty much unusable.

My system is Windows 7-64bit and I am clean installing the F-86 into Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  In the last two days I have used every install combination I could think of or read about on this forum to include two “fixup” installs—sf86fsxup.zip and sf86fx_fixup.zip—and Service Pack 1.  I have unzipped the fixups to the FSX root folder and then reinstalled the gauges and panel.cfg from F8 Sabre Service Pack 1.  I also used the interim FSX upgrade revision 1.1a instructions and attempted to follow it to the letter.

Despite these efforts, I am missing something that would no doubt be apparent to someone more familiar with these procedures than I.  I would surely appreciate any assistance that may be provided.  Thanks.

Sam

keatles

• View Profile
Re: Black Cockpit
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 09:30:35 PM »
I don't know if this will help - follow the link to an easy-to-read version of the installation instructions.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUBTvphPm1CaZGRqdzd3cG1fMGN4aHNnc2Nw&hl=en&pli=1

Alan
 ;)
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a poor memory.

blkbart

• View Profile
Re: Black Cockpit
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »
Thank you for the help.  I did in fact download that readable instruction sheet; since I am not sure I followed the procedures correctly or completely understood them I am going completely reinstall the F-86.  Wish me luck!