Author Topic: White template  (Read 5314 times)

Lluís del Cerro

• View Profile
    • Catalonian Airlines
White template
« on: June 12, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
Hi,

I have painted several versions of the commercial aircraft of our fleet (www.catalonian-airlines.cat) but only one of those has the bare metal template (MAAM Douglas DC3).

I am now trying to paint the F86 in the "Ascua Squadron" (a famous group of spanish combat pilots) following the real livery of the Sabre kept in the Air Museum in Madrid and it is not easy at all.

For camouflage repaints would be very helpful a white template including cutting marks in such a way that full lateral views could be used for correct fitting of paint patters. I've seen announced in the web that those white textures were being created. Do we have any chance to have them in a near future?

Thanks in advance,

Lluís
-----
VATSIM Senior Instructor
CID 810821

GarryJSmith

• Simming artwork since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Garry's Aircraft Textures
Re: White template
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 05:43:44 AM »
Hi Mate,

Sorry for not visiting this forum for such a long time - however, if your still interested, you will find a good set of master blanks for this girl on this page on my web site http://www.gjsmith.net/Textures/f86-sf8.htm

There is also a plethora of repaints available on this page for this aircraft.

Regards

Lluís del Cerro

• View Profile
    • Catalonian Airlines
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 06:23:37 AM »
Hi Garry,

Thank you very much indeed. Yes, I am still interested and no matter the delay as long as I am still alive ;-)

I paint the commercial aircraft of our VA but I will paint this is just for fun as I love this bird.

Thank you also for the link to your site which now has been permanently sticked to my star bookmarks.

Best regards,

Lluís
-----
VATSIM Senior Instructor
CID 810821

GarryJSmith

• Simming artwork since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Garry's Aircraft Textures
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:39:16 AM »
Your Welcome Lluis,

This aircraft by the SF8 team is simply outstanding.  I had a lot of fun painting a bucket of repaints for this girl including a large batch of fictional fun girl.  Lots of serious ones as well  ;D

Glad you enjoyed your visit to my site - many hundreds of aircraft and liveries available for free there all from a repainter's perspective - just working on aircraft that took my fancy and sharing them with the simming community.

Regards and happy painting mate.