Author Topic: Query about Section F8 future plans  (Read 4152 times)

keatles

• View Profile
Query about Section F8 future plans
« on: November 19, 2011, 02:43:42 PM »
Greetings

Given the announcement and preview screenies by MilViz about their F-86 (under construction), has the team made any decisions about the dedicated FSX model that was in the pipeline?

Cheers
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a poor memory.

Jan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Query about Section F8 future plans
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 08:27:21 PM »
The Milviz F-86 renders indeed look nothing short of spectacular !  :o

We'll have to wait and see what actually will be left of it in the flyable FSX version...  ::)

It could very well be that it will have an impact on our plans for a native FSX Sabre family surely. If it'll prove the Milviz F-86E/F will indeed be released in the first place of course...

Our plans still stand but it has now been proven unmistakebly that developing native FSX models is even much more demanding and time consuming than we could ever have imagined initially. We have started our pet Sabre project 'just as something on the side' for FS9, aka 'another era'.... Developing for FS9 just cannot be compared to developing for FSX ( if you have any of the wonderous AKA 'Accusim' FSX models you know what i mean.. ) With our main obligation focussed on Maam-Sim (also native FSX now) it will still take quite a while before we will be able to return to our beloved 'pet project on the side'.

In the mean time Milviz releasing a native FSX F-86E/F, possibly/hopefully, all singing and dancing, isn't such a bad idea at all ( i think... ) We could then make a fresh start with f.i. the F-86D/K/L or maybe FJ-2/3 or 4.

Mind you, just thinking out loud. We'll just have to hold on to our P-4's and hope for the best ( meaning time, time, and time and some more time too  8))

Cheers,
Jan

keatles

• View Profile
Re: Query about Section F8 future plans
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 04:28:13 AM »
Thanks Jan

I realise that the F-86 is the quintessential swept-wing jet fighter (next to the MiG 15), just as the P-51 set the mark for piston-engine fighters.

For this reason alone, it makes sense that the first true FSX version should be the very best possible, whether created by Maam-Sim or MilViz.

For now, the ported-over F-86 by Section F8 remains the gold standard.

Thanks again to you and the team, and good luck for the future.  ;D

Alan
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a poor memory.